Monday, May 25, 2009

What Memorial Day means to me!

Memorial Day is a beautiful day that allows us to remember those who have gone on before us. I am so grateful for all those who have and are fighting for our freedoms we have so richly been blessed with. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people who have been in my life and impacted me so greatly. I am so greatful for my Dad. He is the one that makes Memorial Day so special for me! I don't have a ton of pictures of my Dad he always seemed to be taking them, but each one that I do have of him are very special and attached to a specific and poignant memory. This picture is my Dad with Caleb, Chad, and I, along with two of his aunts-my great aunts. My Dad was so good at always making people feel special no matter if he lived next door, or on the other side of the country. He always made a point to keep in touch with friends and family, he passed on to me the importance of service and loving others. I hope that I can pass on these important lessons to my kids like my Dad did for me. I miss my Dad with all my heart, some days more than others, but he is always on my mind. I know he is not here physically, but I have also been blessed with the feeling of his presence around me when things are good, but especially when things are not so good. I know he is still there cheering me on through each phase of my life. Today is the day I remember my Dad, my mentor, my friend, my guardian angel. I love you Dad!

3 comments:

Erika Amonett said...

So sweet! Love the family photo. I remember when Caleb was that small...the years pass by so quickly. Although I never met your father, I know he must be so proud of you. You are a great daughter, Lindy! Love you guys.

Jill said...

What a sweet post Lindy!

Traci said...

I remember meeting your dad. He is all that you said and more. I could sense his great spirit in the short amount of time I was around him. I can't imagine how much you miss him. I am so glad that you have had sweet moments in your life that you still feel him. I love ya girl!